Below is a list of items needed to apply for a position with CELEBRANT SINGERS.
Acceptance cannot be confirmed until all materials requested below are received to complete your file.
- Musical recommendation – from a teacher or another individual qualified to comment on your musical abilities.
- An audition recording containing:
- Your name, age, address, telephone number(s) and e-mail.
- Two, or preferably three selections (solo pieces, excerpts, etudes, hymn arrangements) of varying tempos showing interpretation and dynamic range, tone quality and overall ability. **
- Wind Instruments – Scales or exercises showing range and technique.
Strings – Three-octave scale, plus a warm-up exercise.
Rhythm Section – See note below.*
- * NOTE: Emphasis for piano, guitar and percussion auditions should be placed on playing various styles, plus improvisation and ability to play “fills”, as well as performing from notated music. Most of the music in the rhythm section is done from chord charts. Additional note for piano/keyboard auditions: In addition to players who read “charts”, we do have positions available for classically-trained players as well (those who read primarily or exclusively from notated music).** NOTE TO ALL VOCAL AND INSTRUMENTAL AUDITIONS: A recital recording or a previously prepared demo CD will often be acceptable. It is not necessary to go to a professional studio to prepare your recording. Please call our office if you have any concerns or questions regarding your audition recording.
SEND ALL AUDITION MATERIALS TO:
CELEBRANT SINGERS AUDITIONS
420 N. DUDLEY STREET
VISALIA, CA 93291